Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back from the campaign trail

Feels good to be back to blogging. I spent 3 months of insane volunteer work for Obama campaign in NM. Registered over 200 new voters, knocked on more than 3000 doors, made 6000 phone calls, went to 3 Barak Obama rallies, 1 Michelle Obama rally, and many more fun things..... Let me share some of the photos.

MONDAY, AUGUST 18
TOWN HALL MEETING WITH BARACK OBAMA
Rio Grande High School
Left my house at 7 am to help with Barack Obama Town Hall event at Rio Grande High School, a 35 minute drive from my house down in the heavily Hispanic South Valley. Picked up Gina (in blue) and Donovan (dread locks). Obama was scheduled to speak at 1:00 PM. By 10:30 AM long lines of supporters were formed waiting for the doors to open. My team was there to take tickets. It was tough standing for 6-7 hours. I got back to my house at about 6:00 PM. Was it worth it? Yeah. Obama showed up with hundreds of supporters cheering him on. Included were some Democratic big-hitters, Gov. Bill Richardson and Senate candidate Tom Udall. Volunteer work at rallies is mainly standing LONG hours and keeping people in line.

Around the Obama Campaign Office.

No comments: